Projects > YannLu PRE500 - Mic/Instrument Preamp
Yann Lu manufactures analog pro audio devices. His first conception is a pure class-A microphone preamp in 500 series.
The circuitry is inspired by the early 80s Harrison MR serie console.
The low noise parallel discrete input stage produces very pristine, clear and transparent sounds with thick transients.
- Mic input : Impedance 1200 Ω ; Gain min: 0dB ; Gain max: 70dB
- Instrument input : Impedance 200 kΩ ; Sowter® transfo
- Electrically balanced line outputs
- -20dB pad switch
- 48V switchable phantom power
- Sweepable high-pass filter (12 dB/oct ; 40 to 730 Hz)
- Level indicator LED (trimmable threshold)
- Noise level: ca. 115dB
Delivery time: 4 weeks
- Assemblied and tested: 495 € (ex. tax and shipping)
- Partial kit (PCB, transfo for DI, switches, front panel and knobs) : 230 € (ex. tax and shipping)
- Remaining parts (roughly 38 €) are listed in a BOM and can be purchased from Mouser.
Category: 500/51x Tags:
2 thoughts on “YannLu PRE500 – Mic/Instrument Preamp”
That’s looks very interesting. A HPF included is very cool .
Thank you Paul ! I am currently designing a full parametric EQ inspired from the same Harrison MR4 console. The difficult part of that is to put all the switches and knobs in a 1 unit module…
Comments are closed.