Projects > D-U87 Vintage Microphone PCB Set
This set of printed circuit boards allows anyone to build a faithful vintage Neumann U87 clone inside the body of any number of cheap, Chinese-made microphones. The PCBs can be used to improve the sound of a stock Chinese capsule, or can be paired with a Peluso K87 capsule.
- Suggested “donor bodies”:
- Behringer B2 (all switches)
- MXL 2010 (all switches)
- Aurycle A460 (no pickup pattern switch)
- MCA SP1 (no pickup pattern switch)
- CAD GXL2400 (no pickup pattern switch)
- Carvin CM87S (no pickup pattern switch)
- Gauge ECM 87 (no switches)
- Nady SCM 900 (no switches)
- Transformer options:
- AMI T13 ($95) is designed specifically for U87-style microphones
- Cinemag 2480
- $20 for PCB set
- Order via the GroupDIY white market.
- Mouser cart for the on-board components.
Category: Condenser MicrophoneMicrophone Mod
One thought on “D-U87 Vintage Microphone PCB Set”
Someone has used Behringer b-2 (not pro)? B2 has not all the switch (only two position for capsule choice switch).
Comments are closed.