Projects > Seventh Circle Audio J99 Preamp
The J99 is Seventh Circles version of the Jensen Twin Servo microphone preamp design. Instead of Jensen transformers, the J99 employs Lundahl input and Cinemag output transformers. The discreet opamps are Seventh Circle’s clones of the Deane Jensen 990, but the J99 PCB can accept any DOA with the 990/2520 footprint.
- No capacitors in the signal path
- 12-position Grayhill gain switch
- Lundahl input and Cinemag output transformers
- Accepts 990/2520-style DOAs or DIP8 IC opamps
- Output trim pot, which can provide 6dB or cut or boost
- Designed for SCA’s proprietary rack case
Adjusted Cost: $439/channel (eight channels)
A full case of eight J99s with SC99 opamps (two per channel) comes to $3,512. Divided amongs eight channels, this makes the adjusted price $439/channel.
More information at www.seventhcircleaudio.com.
Category: Jensen PreampMisc Preamp