Projects > Serpent Audio SB4000 Buss Compressor
The SB4000 is a stereo buss compressor based on Gyraf’s GSSL. The SB4000 incorporates many of the mods that have been developed for the Gyraf’s clone, making it a “next generation” GSSL.
- Fits in a 8″ deep 1RU case (smallest size commonly available)
- PCB set includes main board, power supply, and control board
- Incorporated mods:
- Turbo: provides the option for mono (summed) or stereo sidechain
- Super sidechain x2: adds sidechain high-pass filters and “tilt” eq curves
- VU bargraph
- Relay bypass
- Power supply redesigned from the (sometimes) problematic GSSL
- Supports DBX202x and THAT218x VCAs
- $100 for PCB set and silk screened front panel
- Serpent Audio’s products are available at SerpentAudio.com.
- The support thread
- An excellent blog post from Evolutionary Theory detailing his build process.
Category: VCA Compressor
One thought on “Serpent Audio SB4000 Buss Compressor”
I would like to inquire about the purchase route and price of the SB4000 REV II kit! I can weld completely by myself!
Comments are closed.