Rob Squire’s tutorial in AudioTechnology magazine for designing and building a passive monitor controller provides a very helpful groundwork for understanding the controller’s core principles and elements. Squire’s design uses as few components as possible and leaves many design decisions up to the builder.
Monitor Controller Features:
- Completely passive design for minimal degradation/noise
- Configurable for master volume control, phase reverse/mono sum, multiple I/O select, etc.
- Depends on design elements incorporated and quality of parts
- Can range from under $10 to over $50
- View the original article here