This project from I.J. Research (best known simply as “Igor”) is a mastering-quality, passive monitor controller. The project is split into two independent units, control and audio, which can be mounted separately and connected via VGA cable. The audio unit employs a minimal signal path with audio passing only through relays and metal film resistors.
- Separate monitor and control room outputs
- Passive design
- Four stereo inputs
- Two stereo and one sub outputs
- Mono, mute, and talkback functionality
- Big knob adjusts gain in 64 steps of 1dB
- Adjustable offsets for each input and output
- Takes +12V power
No longer available.
- $116 for PCB and microcontroller
- €370 for full kit, which includes everything except case and VGA cable
- $20 for talkback combiner PCB