The Weak Joe is a tweaked version of the What Compressor many added features. While the What Compressor was designed with minimal controls for the purpose of being a dedicated vocal compressor, the Weak Joe is a versatile, full-featured optical comp. Instructions, schematics, and PCB self-etch files are available on the creators’ website.
- Option for external sidechain
- Built-in -3db per octave high-pass filter
- Control voltage (input or sidechain) LED indicator
- Attack, release, threshold, ratio, and gain controls
- Two channels can be stereo linked
More information available at mnats.net.