Projects > Jensamp 51x Germanium Preamp
The Jensamp 51x is a version of the RCA BA71 preamp circuit with some modifications, including a DI input and improved output stage. Like the original BA71, it employs germanium transistors (parts kits come with NOS ASY26). As it runs on +/-24vdc, the Jensamp is compatible only with 51x Alliance racks, not 500-series. A limited number of kits and PCBs is offered (check links below for availability).
- Option for Lundahl or Haufe transformers
- Vintage NOS ASY26 germanium transistors
- Compatible with 51x Alliance 511 racks
- Gold alodine front panel
- DI instrument input
- Limited number of kits!
220€ for a complete kit (price without VAT)
- The story of the original Jensamp
- Parts and PCBs available at the White Market
- The original development thread
- Build and support thread
Comments are closed.