Projects > I.J. Research 4KCC Compressor/Expander
The 4KCC is Igor Kapelevich’s reproduction of the famed channel compressor and expander/gate from the SSL 4000-series consoles. In addition to being a faithful reproduction of the original, Igor’s version contains the option for an add-on module which will add EQ and transient modification sections. The 4KCC is compatible with both the API 500-series and 51x Alliance formats.
- Option for AD536 (original) or THAT2252 (inexpensive equivalent) level detector
- Machined aluminum front panel
- Runs on +/-16 or +/-24vDC
- Optional stereo link
- Switchable “Gate” and “Expander” modes
- £35 for PCB set
- Available from Ramshackle Recording
- Front panel available from frontpanels.de
- Igor’s original build thread
2 thoughts on “I.J. Research 4KCC Compressor/Expander”
Just finished the build of this module, can any one please help with calibration?
Found it here:
Comments are closed.