Hairball Audio’s DIY-990 is a derivative of the JE-990 discrete operational amplifier. Since being designed by Deane Jensen in 1979 and released into the public domain, the 990’s many revisions have found their way into many high-quality audio designs such as the Jensen Twin Servo and Hairball Audio Lola preamps. The kit includes all the parts necessary for completion of a working DOA.
Hairball Audio DIY-990 Features:
- Designed to the exact specifications found in Deane Jensen’s 1980 JE-990 AES paper
- Comes with pre-soldered surface-mount transistor and bypass capacitors; through-hole components must be installed by the builder
- Suited for use with 15/16V power supplies- R10 and R11 may be swapped with 62K resistors for operation with 24V power supplies
- PCB designed by Mnats, made in the USA
- $25 for DIY kit
- $50 for assembled/tested unit