The SC-1 is a mic preamp based around THAT Corportation and Burr Brown integrated opamps. In it’s original iteration, the SC-1 was transformerless, but Five Fish has offered an optional input transformer since mk2.
- 12-position Grayhill gain switch
- Onboard power regulation with adjustable voltage rails
- Optional input transformer
- LED-lighted push-buttons
- 5-LED VU meter
- $199 for one channel + PSU + power transformer
- $269 for two channels
- $325 for two channels + PSU + power transformer
- Optional input transformers are $60/each
Adjusted Cost: $261.50
Even though FiveFish does not offer a case specifically for the SC-1, it fits in the FiveFish X-12 case. The total cost for a two-channel unit including the X-12 rack case ($190) and two PSU-cables ($4 ea.) is $523, making the adjusted price/channel $261.50.
For more information visit fivefishstudios.com.