Elliott Sound Productions’ “Project 27” is a solid-state guitar amp based around a dual opamp in the preamp stage and TIP35/36C transistors in the power amp. The preamp is designed to deliver large amounts of gain with as little noise as possible. On his website, Elliott shows many options for customizing the tone, gain, and distortion characteristics as well as adapting the preamp for bass or electric piano. ESP sells PCBs for the preamp and power amp this project.
- Clipping diodes in the preamp
- Extremely low noise floor
- Volume and Master controls
- Bass, Mid, and Treble tone controls
- Optional “Bright” switch
- $18 for preamp PCB (27B)
- $26 for power amp PCB (27A)