Projects > Drip Electronics Four Seven Tube Preamp
The Drip Four Seven and Four Seven Micro preamps are exact recreations of the classic British Redd 47 tube preamp. The micro version fits the Redd circuit into a more compact and affordable format.
- Discreet star grounding
- Tube compliment:
- 1 e88cc1
- 0A2 regulator tubes
- Accomodates numerous types of passive components including
- Carbon or metal film resistors
- ATOM capacitors
- CDE tc72 capacitors
- Mundorf silver and oil or polypropylene capacitors
- PCB accepts Souter’s reproductions of Redd47 input and output transformers
- Curved PCB traces emulate the electrical response of point-to-point wiring
- Two choices of on-board power supplies
- Version 1 is solid-state
- Version 2 is vacuum tube
- DI input
- Three “micro” preamps can fit in a 15″ case
Adjusted Cost: The drip website estimates one channel can be finished for under $500
More information at www.dripelectronics.com.
Category: Tube Preamp
3 thoughts on “Drip Electronics Four Seven Tube Preamp”
Hoping to find a pair of Drip Four Seven PCBs.
This is probably a serious longshot, but thought it might be worth a try.
Was injured badly in 2007, and this is the first time I am able to start to put a few dollars together to even procure the boards.
So giving it a go just in case.
I’ve got a pair of Drip Ultra 47 PCBs that I bought a few years back that I didn’t get around to starting on. When I finally was ready to start sourcing parts and get on with the build the 47 documentation was gone from the Drip site and I didn’t have any luck emailing Drip about it. Shoot me an email if you’re still interested, my email address is hunterzm AT gmail dot com
Do you still have the drip 47 pcbs?
Comments are closed.