The Baby Animal is a highly customizable kit based around transformers and a single opamp (or dual for the BAD). The PCB accepts both DIP8-sized opamps and 990/2520-style discrete opamps, as well as numerous input transfomers.
- Accepts these input transformers directly:
- OEP A262A3C, A262A2E, A262A3E, A262A6E, A262A7E.
- Lundahl LL1538, LL1538XL, LL1576, LL1577, LL1578XL.
- Jensen JT-11K8-APC, JT-110K-HPC, JT-115-EPC, JT-MB-CPCA .
- Beyer 8mm threaded bolt types.
- Cinemag CM-75101APC, CMMI-8-PCA.
- Accepts both discrete 990/2520-type opamps and DIP8 ICs including:
- JLM99v, Hybird, 990C, 992, 993.
- NE5532A, OPA2134
- 2520, 1731, LM833
- Runs on a single +48v power rail
- Optional FET or opamp DI add-on kit
Price: $75 AUD (BA) or $95 AUD (BAD)
Adjusted Cost: $263.75AUD/channel (for channels) see below
JLM offers two everything-you-need bundles: one for two channels ($495 AUD) and another for four ($595 AUD). According to the JLM website, the most popular configuration uses JLM14 input transformers (+40 each) JLM99v discreet opamps (+$75 each). Four channels with this setup comes to $1,055 AUD, or $263.75 AUD/channel. Of course other permutations, including the two-channel kit and the Baby Animal Dual, will yield different adjusted costs.
More information at www.jlmaudio.com.