Projects > AC Sound PRR 176 Vari-Mu Compressor
The PRR 176 is a two channel (stereo or dual mono) amalgam of the UREI 176 vari-mu compressor and the sidechain designed by GroupDIY member PRR.
- Option for receiver chip or transformer-balanced input
- Option for driver or transformer output
- 6BC8 vari-mu tube
- DIP8 and DOA footprints for all opamps in the signal chain
- Board accepts Cinemag and Edcor transfomers, option to wire in Jensens and Lundahls
- Fits in a 1RU chassis!
- Kits and front panels will probably be offered in the near future (as of 8.3.11). Price has not been established yet.